The Data Controller
The Data Controller for this website is:
The Fitters Friend Ltd
Heywood Distribution Park
Telephone: 0161 761 5055
The personal data we may capture from you on this website includes:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
This data is only captured when you register online, submit a contact form or request a quotation online.
It is not mandatory to provide any personal data to use this website.
Cookies and Anonymous Data
We may also track you when you visit our site in order to provide relevant targeted advertising on 3rd party sites.
Any such tracking by this website is performed anonymously. We do not track any personally identifiable information by cookies.
Your Rights as an Individual
- The right to be informed
We will endeavour to keep this notice up to date, and we are committed to Plain English.
- The right of access
You may contact The Data Controller at any time to receive a copy of all data we hold about you, completely free of charge.
Your information will be delivered to you in a digital format. Please allow 5 working days after contacting The Data Controller.
- The right to rectification
If you find that any data we hold about you is incorrect, please contact The Data Controller to request it be updated with the correct information.
- The right to erasure
If you would like us to delete all data held about you, please contact The Data Controller.
Please allow 5 working days to receive your confirmation that all your data has been removed from our system.
- The right to restrict processing
Please contact The Data Controller to request any restrictions on your data processing. Please explain clearly the processing that you wish to block.
Please allow 5 working days to receive confirmation of your request’s completion.
- The right to data portability
If you would like a copy of the data we hold on you in electronic format, please contact The Data Controller.
Please allow 5 working days to receive your data.
- The right to object
Please contact The Data Controller if you wish to object to any or all of your data being processed in the manner described within this Privacy Statement.
Please allow 5 working days to receive confirmation that all processing will stop.
Additionally, you may use the “unsubscribe” link on any marketing email received from us to be immediately removed from our email marketing lists.
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling
We do not use any personal information provided by you to make automated decisions on whether we shall provide you with goods and services.
Transfer of Personal Information outside of the United Kingdom
Your personal information may be transferred and/or processed outside of the United Kingdom in the following situations:
- Your data is added to our Customer Relations Management software, which is a cloud system hosted in the USA.
- Your data is added for marketing purposes to our Email Service Provider based in the USA.
- Your data is added to any cloud-based products or services that we may use from time to time to improve our business processes, operational effectiveness or customer care.
If you do not wish your data to be transferred and/or processed outside of the United Kingdom, please inform The Data Controller. Your data will be removed accordingly.
Our Reasons for Storing and Processing Your Data
We store and process your data for one or more of the following lawful bases:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes (eg. registered, requested a quote, submitted a contact form);
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (eg. producing a quote);
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by The Data Controller or by a third party (eg. sending marketing emails)
Concerns and Clarifications
For any concerns, clarifications or further information please contact The Data Controller.